Friday, August 21, 2009

Explanation

When they ask, I will say "irreconcilable differences." The novelty of using the phrase appeals to me. I never knew what it meant until now. I'm fond of toying with my personal tragedies, making them all the more alluring. To the naked eye, it is just another sorrowful tale. For me it is drama. Theater of life. The tragicomic way that I draw out my grievances. Everybody is a writer. Everybody is an artist. What do the corporate blanks do in their free time? When the winding gears, the winding gears come slowly to a halt? This is when art beckons me. I want to do something creative. Make something colorful, weave something beautiful with my hands. Something light and iridescent like a bubble suspended on a spiderweb (something my dad just remarked about outside my window.) Art is beautiful, life is sadness, Art = Life (as Inside Out taught me) so sadness equates to beauty. I'm making my break-up beautiful by putting it into song. So this passage, this passage, this passage is my song. I'm making art out of life.

No comments: