Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Back again

Wow, I met a guy
that I don't mind talking to
Met him in a bar
but he didn't ask me what I do
Let him buy me a drink
because it didn't have a catch
Chilled for a while to
see what came out the hatch
--
Oh, hey
You have a sense of humor
Self-deprecating too without
a raging dose of hubris
Could it be,
that I met a valid male?
An XY chromosome who's not
beyond the pale?
--
So I stuck around
For dinner and some more drinks
to have a convo with this
guy who doesn't think that his shit don't stink
Don't want some 'Roses'
but I'm not an Outkast
I'm just looking for a guy with a little class
--
It's come to pass
that my past of getting plastered
and passing out
after hitting up another bastard...
It doesn't match up
In fact,
I'm not in college anymore
Where going to a women's school
rendered me a drunk whore
--
Nah, I don't need to beg for a dick
I'm surrounded by hardwood,
but I'm looking for a pogo stick,
A real playmate
Someone to shoot the shit with
Sit around in our
underwear
like comfy kids
An adult
who can inhabit their maturity
And hold me to the same
without giving up sobriety
--
Know what I mean?
It's ok if you don't
I'm learning too, and could use someone who says they will
even when I say I won't
--
So back to the matter at hand
with this gentleman
Surprisingly agreeable
A flash in the pan?
I don't know
We don't even live in the same city
The odds of something happening
are frankly pretty shitty
--
But guess what
I'm coming back to the Bay
And it's my birthday
Could I orchestrate this shit
and procure myself a solid lay?
Oops, I mean a convo
You know, an intro
Presumably a solid way to
stoke the blood flow
--
But could you show up
Nope, I guess you fell off
Had a little bit too much
of that Halloween-themed sauce
OK, I can live through this line
I can emphasize with a fool
tryna have a good time
--
So I called you
and we talked it out,
you apologized,
built back your -veezy clout
So we made a plan
And we talked a grand
And I found out I'd be back in the Bay again
--
Oh goody, maybe this'll work out,
for another dinner,
some good wine,
and your sweet mouth,
Oops, I mean your sweet house,
yeah, it's decorated nice
I noticed when we went and had a nightcap on that first night
--
"I could sleep here,
It doesn't look like shit..."
In fact, your down bedspread looked quite the opposite.
--
Wait, did I just go there
Oh, you bet your khakied ass!
Shit...
I'm as jumpy as a member of the freshman class
But damn, could you give me a chance?
I need to make agreements before we start to slow dance
--
Like what's your safe word?
And don't text me.
I told you the first time
so why are you trying me?
I get that you're excited that you get to see me
But the ticket isn't yours if you don't show up for the opening
This ain't a peep show
I'm not a spectacle
My doors aren't open to the thoughts in your little world
--
You've got ideas
I can hear it in your silence
And your reluctance
to stand up
is showing me you're spineless
Come on, now
Can't a beezy have a little fun,
without a mummy crying mommy
'cause he thinks that he's come undone?
--
I'm the walking dead
I can sit with that
Bring me your despair
And I'll take that heavy shit to task
What are you hiding from?
Did your excitement run
in the direction of your
predilection for hit and run?
No, we never fucked
But you swiped me with your paw
And the otter saw the peacock turn into a macaw
Now you're squawking loud
But you're hiding out
I can that see you've been looking at my Facebook pics,
so what now?
--
Come out and explain yourself
No wait, I'm not down to
That shit is bottom shelf
You hit the Maker's Mark
when we met last time
But now your actions have me ragging on you in this rhyme
And if you never call?
Well, shit, I was waiting for a muse...
I guess I'll take the letdown
and thanks for all the booze

No comments: