Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wanda!

I love to watch women older than me
worship
And revel in the beauty
of years younger
Exclaim at the difference

I wonder whether they
worship the old as I do
putting blind faith into the
human spirit

The unreasonable love for artistic passion,
that spews forth from their veins,
vocal cords exploding with pleasure
Because they know no other sound than
the sound of their right voice

Mine is malleable as of yet
Prying in its truthfulness
Supplicating and soft in wonder
And deepening in affected wisdom

-----------------------------------------

Wanda!

You've inspired the gall in me
to write this
and yet I'm sheepish in
your presence

I rehearse
the words
trying to control the situation
in an attempt to make it perfect

They come out before you
Beseeching as ever before
I am uninhibited
as of yet -
emboldened
to a certain extent

Concreteness is a virtue

But I come down on high
trying to meet and connect
I am boastful in a
way
Saccharine in earnest-
ness, in an attempt to
be loved by you

I am better with the
bass-player man
The one who slaps
family across his chest
I like him better because
he smiles warmly

Yet I yearn for your
embrace
The acceptance in your
face
The would-be enabling of
my reverie
and grounds for your respect.

No comments: