Thursday, February 18, 2010

An old vista

The stars in Madagascar are
unabashed
They descend upon the sky
Like a curtain on the horizon
Enveloping something that isn't there
They shroud the air
And sing
Their whole sound engulfing you
So it's sink or swim
You can step into liquid,
Or hang onto the rim
They meet the rooftops of buildings
Swelling so
So much that you might retreat inside
Once I woke up in the middle of
the night
And I thought I was blind
All that I could see were sweet
punctures of light
Seeping beneath my irises
An iridescent longing to which I thought
I was immune
Now the Desert doesn't compare
With its majestic sand dunes
No, not all grains of the
Mojave could hold a candle to
the moon
And those fiery orbs of light
In Madagascar, starry night, alina kintana
"night star"
I'm remembering when you struck me
and who your victims are

No comments: