Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Slow It Down

My feelings of stagnation are phenomenal
They lift me up, put me down and lay upon my chest
I am immobilized in the presence of nothing
Not a care, not a real worry to share
All the material comforts of the first world
And I am thankful
But I am hard-pressed to lift a finger
to change what I complain about
do the work I stress about
eat enough food to live and not the stuff I live to eat
My feelings of inspiration are intermittent
They come peaking in crests like light washing over my brainwaves
And I believe that something's going to change
And then the living comes
Then the doing comes
And then the decisions are made
The convictions forgotten
And the cycle is completed
Stagnation
Posing as continuous movement
When really it feels like all is spinning around me
And I sit on an axis, watching from the point of nothing
With a 360 degree view of everything
Not participating, just an incredible semblance thereof
As I fall slowly
Slow quickly
to a snail's pace
and then pause
as time passes by

1 comment:

SanyuSays said...

True. I kind of want time to speed the fuck up. 2nd Semester Senior Year has got to be more promising, if only because of the promise of homework FINALLY CEASING TO EXIST.